Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happiness is a rib eye steak

Well, I cheated. I followed a recipe to the letter, not doctoring a single thing (well, peanut oil instead of canola oil). It was with good reason, though. I am inexperienced cooking steak with anything other than a Weber grill, so I trusted the man himself with my 8oz rib eye that caught my gaze at the grocery store this afternoon.

I was not disappointed.

Setting the oven to "blast furnace" sorta smoked up the kitchen a bit, but it was for a good cause, and we've got eleventh floor windows that open widely and never lack for a breeze. I combined it with an entire salad bag's worth of romaine, together with appropriately gargantuan amounts of croutons, caesar dressing, and freshly shredded parmesan. A toasty roll with plenty of butter topped the meal off. I'm afraid in the rush of feasting I neglected to snap a photo... I guess that just means I'll have to make it all again soon.

No comments: