Saturday, January 10, 2009

Coffee Cake


I wanted coffee cake but had no sour cream and only one egg. I found this recipe that accommodated. It was ok, but could've been moister. Would've been better with apples and sour cream in it. And I only had sliced almonds and no walnuts, so I didn't put them on the whole thing. Oh, I also used 2% milk instead of buttermilk. I'm surprised it tasted any good at all now that I think about it.
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Grease a large loaf pan and pre-heat oven to 350. Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the egg until well blended. Combine all the dry ingredients together. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture along with the buttermilk.

Mix the last 3 ingredients together for the topping. Spread the mixture in the pan and sprinkle on the topping. Bake for 40-45 minutes.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: