Monday, April 9, 2007

Penne a la Vodka

So, I should've measured out my pasta, and I should've looked closer and picked up crushed tomatos and not diced, but this still tasted and SMELLED delicious.

I cut this recipe in half, but eye-balled the pasta and could've used less per sauce. In general I was hoping for a thicker more present sauce. Any suggestions?

1lb penne
4 cloves garlic, minced. (if you own a garlic masher, come here so i can beat you with it)
1/2 tsp red pepper
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatos
3/4tsp salt
2 Tbs vodka
1/2 c cream (i used half and half)
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley (i used dried)
2 links sweet italian turkey sausage

- Cook Pasta
- Remove sausage from casing, crumble and cook in large pan.
- Add garlic, red pepper, cook til garlic is golden (don't burn it).
- Add tomatos, salt, let it boil, reduce heat, simmer 15 min.
- Add vodka, cream, let it boil (and cook off the alcohol), lower heat, toss in pasta (and a little pasta water) and parsley.

Well anyway, Enjoy!


1 comment:

random adam said...

I think I'd stick with cream next time, rather than half and half - the thicker, the better. I've yet to meet a dish that a pint of heavy whipping cream did not thoroughly enhance when used in place of milk or regular cream. There's a time & a place to be fat free and this is not it. :)